AMERICAN INSTITUTE OF ARCHITECTS
PO Box 25774
BYNUM ARCHITECTURE is a small, personable design firm that offers custom architectural services in the design, production and construction administration of private residences, historic properties and commercial office and retail projects.
Prior to beginning private practice in 1996, Rick Bynum, A.I.A., NCARB, the firm's principal, enjoyed a professional association with several of the region's most talented and prestigious architectural firms. Large scale commercial work with Thompson, Ventulett & Stainback in Atlanta, LS3P in Charleston, SC as well as high-end residential work with Lamar T. Webb in St. Simons Island, GA provide Rick with a broad range of project experience.
Rick received architectural degrees from North Carolina State University and Clemson University. Rick studied in Genova Italy, has been a feature writer for a number of architectural publications, and is an active member in the American Institute of Architects.
BYNUM ARCHITECTURE is a full service practice with projects throughout the southeast, placing a primary focus on North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia. Current technology, including project websites, video conferencing, real-time document sharing, CADD viewing software, email and faxes, help facilitate the design of any size project in any city.
Whether you hire Bynum Architecture or another firm, the architect working in any capacity is an exceptional asset to your project in many ways:
1. The architect saves money.
2. The Architect is an Academically and Professionally trained Designer.
3. The Architect Helps the Client Analyze their Needs and Wants.
4. The Architect is a competent Problem Solver.
5. The Architect Sees the Big Picture.
6. The Architect is the “tie that binds” since the construction documents are the only medium in which you can communicate the same idea to all parties involved in the design, purchase and construction of your home.
7. The Architect is the one professional who has the education, training, experience, and vision to guide you through the entire design and construction process.
8. The Architect is an asset to your selling/buying strategy.
9. The Architect is the experienced observer during construction that helps the contractor solve unforeseen issues in the field and provides an eye for aesthetic detail.
Do you really need to hire an architect for your design project ? Well, just remember:
It is ALWAYS cheaper to erase a line, than to move a wall………..
Drop us an email or give us a call at 864.235.2724 to discuss your next project !
Rick Bynum, AIA, NCARB